The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By chased
  • 2 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default A Heads Up For The Winston Lovers;

There are 3 Winston Perfect reels for sale on the Auction site. One is a 3 3/8" and a 3 1/8" the third is a 2 7/8", these are right or left hand reels without the agate line guard. If you've got some money you just don't know what to do with these are the reels that Winston Rod Company commissioned Hardy of England to make to match their rods. If you use the search words 'Winston Perfect Fly Reel' it should pop up.

If you have a bunch of Winston rods then you need this, it is unused, but I don't know if the seller has the reel case that came with. I wouldn't even think of paying what this may cost unless it has the original reel case and papers, so ask questions. There's 5 days left on the sale.

Just saye'n.........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 PM

mtbusman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Heads Up For The Winston Lovers;

Yes, I saw one of those on the auction site as well. The one I saw came with an extra spool, original reel bags, literature and boxes. Looked like the reel was in excellent condition. I've spent all my fishing money for awhile, but the reel I saw listed certainly was beautiful.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought that had I been fishing for 25 or 30 years with a Winston 9' 5 weight trout rod that I would have one of those reels. They even are engraved, 'Winston Perfect' and are finished in a very deep green, almost green - black. They are the perfect reel for a cherished Winston rod.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:43 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

There is a seller on the Bay with 3 Winston Perfects each of different sizes listed in separate auctions. They are absolutely flawless reels. If you check out his other listed items, there is the box that they came in in another separate auction. Maybe the seller figured he could get more by piecing out the set? SWEET REELS!!!
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
If you check out his other listed items, there is the box that they came in in another separate auction. Maybe the seller figured he could get more by piecing out the set?

Those are the ones I was posting about but I didn't notice he was selling the packaging separately. Frankly I don't think much of that. If I were going to pay him six hundred or whatever it is he wants for a reel and he was not including the reel case and box with a new - unused reel, I wouldn't take the reel. Sorry but that's a bit of a cheap shot in my books and I've bought and sold a lot of reels. Never would I try to sell you a reel for top buck and then offer you the packaging at additional cost.

I would think twice before buying from the guy

Thanks for posting that,

Ard
ghocevar and jaybo41 like this.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:26 AM

labtrout will become famous soon enoughlabtrout will become famous soon enough

HTML Code:
If you've got some money you just don't know what to do with these are the reels......
That's pretty funny. I suppose there are plenty of people like that, but I'm not one of 'em. My Winston 865-3 is very happy with an Abel Creek or Orvis CFO, each of which cost less than $150 when I bought them.