The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 AM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hatch Finatic 4+ too heavy for Helios 2?

almonde,

Another reel you might want to consider is a Bauer Rogue. They are nice and light and they have sealed drags that are user maintainable (remove an e-clip and you can open the housing and clean and inspect). They are very well made and they are very clean looking in person plus there is no plastic in them what so ever. I just picked up a 4 for my 7wt and the more I mess around with it the more I am impressed. I have no idea why they aren't more popular. I love, repeat LOVE my Abels but if I ever had to pick another reel to replace them it would be the Rogues. They hit hard where it counts: light weight, crazy smooth drag, very well made, good looking, not too expensive, and great line capacity.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough

I use either my lamson litespeed or my abel super 3n on my winston rods which have the soft tips ,there signature feel.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:57 AM

almonde will become famous soon enoughalmonde will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the pointers, lots to think about and check out.

The H2 arrived, the cork and reel seat are beautiful.

I have a 5wt rio gold on an access mid-arbor which will do for tomorrow when I give this guy a run out on the water.