The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By craigthor
  • 1 Post By wannafish
  • 1 Post By ia_trouter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 05:43 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Martin MG-3

Thanks to Ard and Ia Trouter I got the Martin MG-3 and just got it all spooled up and ready for some stream time, possibly on Friday.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:25 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Martin MG-3

Classy purchase! Congrats
craigthor likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:32 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Looks real good Craig. Ard was right about the backing. I don't think our stream trout are gonna spool ya.

Throw that up on the "reel love" thread when you get it on the rod and in a better place for a PIC. I will do the same soon with the Galvan Brookie I got from you.
craigthor likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:35 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Looks real good Craig. Ard was right about the backing. I don't think our stream trout are gonna spool ya.

Throw that up on the "reel love" thread when you get it on the rod and in a better place for a PIC. I will do the same soon with the Galvan Brookie I got from you.
I'm thinking I have enough backing to go chase Musky's now.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
I'm thinking I have enough backing to go chase Musky's now.
It doesn't count if you wait for them to die of natural causes before you land them.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
It doesn't count if you wait for them to die of natural causes before you land them.
so what if it takes a few years to get one in, could be a youtube sensation.