The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 09:43 PM

ontariooutdoorsman is on a distinguished road
Default Allen Trout II size 1 Hopefully??

I did tons of research for a reel for my 3w rod and found the site for Allen and want to purchase the Trout II size 1 but when I went to place an order it said currently unavailable. Does anyone know if they are updating reels or just sold out at this time???
I really like what I've been reading about Allen reels so being impulsive kinda want to order soon
Old 12-15-2013, 09:55 PM

ruttness will become famous soon enoughruttness will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Allen Trout II size 1 Hopefully??

send justin an email he will take care of you, there are alot of happy allen customers on this site, i personally love my trout 2
Old 12-15-2013, 10:05 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

They have a great CS rep. But I have been unable to get in touch with them about my free reel. Then I head slapped myself saying "Idiot, its two weeks before Christmas, they're busier than a one armed paper hanger". I'd wait till after Christmas and try back. They are a small company and probably stretched pretty thin right now. Hell even Cabelas is saying screw off on tracking packages, imagine how much harder it is for a mom and pop shop like Allen. I have no doubt they are running around like squirrels on crack just trying to keep up with existing orders. I inteand to leave them alone for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Add to Christmas the roll-out of some new products that I personally know people are buying (I wish I was one of them...soon I hope) and it may take a while to get through. Maybe attempting a phone call to Customer Service? 817-805-8949
Old 12-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Thanks. I tried to phone and sent an email so hopefully the reel is available soon. I'm sure they are busy at this time.
mridenour likes this.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariooutdoorsman View Post
Thanks. I tried to phone and sent an email so hopefully the reel is available soon. I'm sure they are busy at this time.
Hello, If you get through with the cs number. Please call me on my personal phone 574-855-7100. Kyle is trying to cram all our orders in to a few shot days ha.

Thanks

Justin
caseywise, mridenour and fq13 like this.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:08 PM

Thanks. I will try again tomorrow for sure.
Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I have had that happen a few times where they reel is "unavailable" and you post on their facebook page then poof!!! there they are, ready for order. I think they need to get some of the gunmetal ones in, I kinda want ANOTHER reel from them.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-16-2013, 11:26 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Hell, I want two, but I'll have to wait for the money fairy to come. Their new reel with one of their switch rods is calling me!
mridenour likes this.

Last edited by fq13; 12-17-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I have had that happen a few times where they reel is "unavailable" and you post on their facebook page then poof!!! there they are, ready for order. I think they need to get some of the gunmetal ones in, I kinda want ANOTHER reel from them.
Well its the gunmetal I want lol. I may have to wait....who knows
mridenour likes this.