The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By moucheur2003
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By notenuftoys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 11:53 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Stopped by the Allen booth in Marlboro

I went to the Marlboro fly fishing show today and stopped by the Allen booth. Met Justin and saw an array of their reels. Now I understand what all the buzz is about! Those reels are really nice. I was very impressed with the ultra-large-arbor Kraken XLA and its thoughtful handle design. The Alpha III is a heckuva lot of reel for the money, and the new Omega has a drag that could stop a freight train. I found myself badly wishing I had worn out an old reel last season instead of an old pair of boots. Good work Justin, keep it up!
mcnerney and comeonavs like this.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:20 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stopped by the Allen booth in Marlboro

+1 I saw them at the Denver Show and am drawn to the Kracken for Musky
Old 01-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Sounds like a fun time, I'm waiting for them to come to Wasilla
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-19-2014, 12:00 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all

I might be able to come to the Pleasanto, CA one. This is going to be my first time ever going to a fishing show/event.
Is this Flyfshingshow the biggest one with all manufacturers and fly fishing heros attending?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about

They're based not far from me, and I keep thinking I should go visit and support a local company. But I hate to without having a little spending money, and my banker, she's keeping the money in the vault and won't share the combination.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

I bought a Kraken at the show in denver. Great reel! Was dissapointed thought that reel froze up on me when the temperature is below 20 degrees out. Please install a heater in all of your new reels.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicedog View Post
I bought a Kraken at the show in denver. Great reel! Was dissapointed thought that reel froze up on me when the temperature is below 20 degrees out. Please install a heater in all of your new reels.
Hi Slicedog,

We have fished that reel in 2 degree weather with no issues. If you'd like we can take a look at it for you. A heater would be a good challenge ha.

Thanks

Justin
Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

Just joking around Justin, my buddies reel was freezing too! No issues at all when we broke the ice off.