The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 AM

wcunnin3 is on a distinguished road
Default Great customer service at Allen

Although I'm waiting to receive my first Allen reel, an Alpha III, I wanted to post about the nice experience I had with ordering. When the combo I wanted was not in stock, I emailed the company to check on a availability. Despite being late at night, I got an email response from Justin with maybe five minutes giving detailed info on when it would be back in stock.

There is just something nice about a company that WANTS your business and wants you to be happy during the entire process. Look forward to handling that beautiful new reel!

Will
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great customer service at Allen

It's always good to hear reports like that, but in the case of Allen Fly Fishing that is pretty normal, they really go out of their way to ensure the customer has a positive experience. Kudos to Justin and his crew!

Larry
fredaevans and caseywise like this.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

awesome guys!! thats why i continue to buy allen! always will
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I am counting down the days til Saturday (4 work days left) . I will be taking my Allen ICON 10' 4wt out for a little winter fishing.

I really agree with all the statements here. A lot of companies want our business Justin and team try to earn it with a great product at a fair price with exceptional personal service.

The ICON 10' 7wt will find a way to sneak in to my quiver sooner than later hopefully.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 01-20-2014, 11:22 PM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

I am hoping the kraken for my 7wt I ordered last Wednesday will come in time to use this weekend but it hasn't even shipped yet according to their site, so I doubt it.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:54 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

That sounds normal, it will probably show up by then.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
I am hoping the kraken for my 7wt I ordered last Wednesday will come in time to use this weekend but it hasn't even shipped yet according to their site, so I doubt it.
Hello, I've been on the road since last Tuesday. I'll check with Kyle at the warehouse today. We ship same/next day. I have my warehouse contact people if something is/might be delayed. If something is the issue, no worries, I;ll just send you the Kraken XLA to use for your trip. We'll express it to not worry about shipping delays.

Thank you,

Justin
Old 01-21-2014, 10:46 AM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Justin. Great response and thank you. I was just nervous becuase I know you guys have sold a lot of these and had said the stock was low. I know it is show season and things are hectic!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 AM

standman is on a distinguished road

I've purchased from Allen several times and have always been very satisfied with the product. What brings them over the top for me is their great customer service. The couple times I've had to correspond with them Justin more than satisfied the issue.

I know that if I decide to purchase another larger arbor reel (I prefer standard and mid - think Medalist), they would be the first place I'd look.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 AM

goblueco1 will become famous soon enough

I purchased a Allen Icon 5wt 10' rod at the Denver Fly Fishing Show to pair with my Allen Trout II and was able to fish with it all weekend. Not only did Justin and Kyle make sure I received it before leaving for my trip on Thursday evening by shipping direct from the rod maker but also sent multiple follow up emails ensuring that I had the tracking information and the shipment was on schedule.

Also, the rod and reel paired with GPX worked flawlessly and is an absolute dream to cast, mend and fight bigger fish. This is my first 10' rod and I cannot believe the difference 1' makes in casting, line pick-up and high sticking! When I am ready to buy a new 4WT I know who I will be calling!

(Insert a slow-clap here)
mridenour likes this.