The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 01:59 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Allen Kraken XLA or Edco Solitude SR3 reel pictures

Anyone have pictures of their Kraken XLA or Solitude SR3 setup on their rods. Also what do you think of it as I sit here listening to the wind howl and try to fight off cabin fever.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Allen Kraken XLA or Edco Solitude SR3 reel pictures

I'd go with the XLA simply because the line capacity. Its going to hold a bunch more then the SR3 would. Plus I have yet to be disappointed in any of my Allen gear.
senor_denito likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Hoping for pictures and first hand usage. I understand and have read all the praise Allen gets. I've also sent and received emails with both companies, and each has been a pleasure to deal with thus far. Now to see and hear real life experience with each is what I'm after.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Hello,

We have plenty on our Instragram feed at Instagram
and our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allen...2590420?ref=hl and we also had a customer upload a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgc2rhzGLj0

Thank you,

Justin
senor_denito likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
Hello,

We have plenty on our Instragram feed at Instagram
and our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allen...2590420?ref=hl and we also had a customer upload a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgc2rhzGLj0

Thank you,

Justin
Thanks Justin great video and pictures. Any updates on that Omega I know I've asked about it couple of times.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

We are trying to have it released in time for the Michigan Show in March. I;ve been changing a few things to make it prefect.
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
We are trying to have it released in time for the Michigan Show in March. I;ve been changing a few things to make it prefect.
Ah I hope to have a reel and on some water by then.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 PM

ruttness will become famous soon enoughruttness will become famous soon enough

heres the skinny water crew with some decent footage of the XLA

Low Life on Vimeo
Old 02-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttness View Post
heres the skinny water crew with some decent footage of the XLA

Low Life on Vimeo
Saw that one also, really looking for active members that are using these reels who can provide actual experiences.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:36 PM

senor_denito is on a distinguished road

I too am considering the Kraken XLA and also an alpha 3 reel…just waiting on that bronze / copper color way on the alpha 3.
I currently fish their trout reels and have absolutely no complaints. Allen makes solid reels and I would recommend them.