The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By cochise
  • 2 Post By audax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 02:42 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Loomis reel service report

I sent in my Adventurer 3 by Loomis for repair. I broke the reel, totally my fault and it was careless, I called and told them and they said they do not make the reel any longer but said they would try to repair it for me if I sent it in.

I mailed it priority on 3/18, today it showed up via UPS to my door, no charge and in perfect working order.

This is not an April Fools joke.

That's twice in two months they have treated me either fairly or more than fairly.
imxer, fyshstykr, mcnerney and 3 others like this.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Loomis reel service report

That's awesome they were able to fix it for you. I can't say I'm surprised they treated you right. While I don't own any Loomis rods/reels, I can't seem to recall anyone who's had bad Customer Service from them. My best bud has had nothing but raving reviews about their level of service.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loomis reel service report

It's always great to hear of companies standing behind their products like that. A few years back I purchased a Galvan OB-5 reel off Ebay and abobut six months later started having drag issues, so I called Galvan and explained that I had purchased the reel second hand and would like to get it repaired and had no problem paying for the repairs. They told me they no longer made that reel, but send it in and they would see what they could do. Turned out they repaired it and sent it back no charge. I called and thank them but told them I had expected to pay for the repairs, but they insisted that is the way they do business. Since then I have bought two new Galvan T-6 reels..........you have to love companies like that!

Larry

Old 04-01-2014, 04:33 PM

audax will become famous soon enoughaudax will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Loomis reel service report

Thanks for relaying your positive experience. Given the circumstances, I don't think you could have asked for a better outcome.

In other lands, Shimano sells this reel as the Ultegra model (a name shared with mid-upper range cycling components). I don't doubt that Shimano manufactured these reels in one of their Asian factories and branded it under Loomis for the North American market.
rockthief and shimloom like this.