The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 PM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

I don't know if my post his still here, but 2 years ago I left my Galvan 2.75 and Torque 4 on the roof of the jeep. When I got to work, I realized my error. I found them completely smashed on the side of the road. I called Galvan and told them my bone head move. they said send them in a replaced them both no other questions asked. So when the FT3 film tour stopped in St. Louis , I ended up wining the Sage Response at intermission. I gave it to my wife and let her pick out a reel, she went with the Galvan Torgue in bronze. I joked with her at Hargove's Fly Shop here in St.Louis that it was color coordinated while picking it out, but boy does it look sharp.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:32 PM

sndmn11 has a spectacular aura aboutsndmn11 has a spectacular aura aboutsndmn11 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

The Rush LT5 in clear came a week early (they had to drop ship it from Galvan) and I love the thing. Fished it Thur-Sat, and landed ten fish each day. I was very pleased with how finely I could adjust the drag on it (7x&6x tippet), and made a point to try and get every fish on the reel, and then starting with very little drag, tighten it down from there. My net bag (clear Brodin) for some reason has gotten very stiff and is almost like a shovel. So I have been having to get the fish into the shallows and then just grab them with my hand. This resulted in the rod being laid in the sand rather than tucked under my armpit. I am very happy to report that I got no sand in the reel to the point of having to take the spool off to rinse. Any sand grittiness was relieved by a quick line pool and a swish in the water.
"Zero" spool to frame play, great machining, a smoother drag than I could have imagined, great looks, and if I ever have a problem or question about it, I can speak to someone who either made the reel or knows the first and last name of the person who did. Overall, I am very pleased!
On a side note, I was able to trade in my lamson velocity to Anglers Habitat in ID for $145 credit. I also received a free line of my choice, Airflo SuperDri Elite 2wt for my other rod, and with shipping of my trade in and the Galvan, it cost me $132. I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anglers Habitat.
jaybo41 likes this.