The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By jpgodf
  • 1 Post By sweetandsalt
  • 1 Post By sweetandsalt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 07:23 AM

eastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to behold
Default Vosseler reels ?

Would anyone have first hand experience or knowledge of these reels ? They look interesting and at a reasonable price with a different design. I have been able to find limited yet positive comment so far , mostly popular in EU. Are they still made in Germany ?

http://www.vosseler.com/index.php?id...ie-technik&L=1

Last edited by eastfly66; 07-31-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vosseler reels ?

Very hard to find them here in the US and may have to purchase from a UK/Europe shop. Not a big deal as many shops are happy to ship to the US (their web site will mention this). As for payment, not to worry .... credit card numbers work almost anywhere in the world.

Sexyloops' Tackle Review Section
bwf and eastfly66 like this.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:50 PM

eastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to behold

Thank Fred , it wasn't easy finding a shop over in the UK either ! I found this one here in the States or it looks like they are here

Western Fly Supply - Anyone know about these guys ?

Vosseler DC2 Fly Reel | Western Fly Supply

I sent an email to Vosseler , no reply as of yet ? Some holiday in Germany or something or do they just not work on Fridays ?
Old 08-01-2015, 05:21 AM

jpgodf will become famous soon enoughjpgodf will become famous soon enough

I did a bit of research and apparently Vosseler reels are still made in Germany.
There's a lot of good reports on Vosselers from primarily UK fly fishers.

JP
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:14 AM

Ya , I read some good reviews and they have a unique reel design I kind of like so far , not to impressed with the response time .
Old 08-01-2015, 11:05 AM

DoctorFly is on a distinguished road

Barrio Fly Lines sell one of the models under their own name. Barrio Fly Reels

Superb fly lines too!

All the best,
Doc
Old 08-01-2015, 12:04 PM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I bought a couple of Vosseler trout reels in Berlin some years ago and two saltwater versions from Rajeff Sport before they discontinued selling them here. She fishes her green one on her Winston WT3 and it (the reel) is first rate. We have both used the bigger ones bonefishing and while there have been no issues, there are many better choices. The trout ones are worth a look if you like something different (increasingly hard to fine unique products in the fly fishing market place).

Vosseler DC
Click the image to open in full size.
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
and it (the reel) is first rate
Thanks S&S , I am looking for something a little different and to earn that rating from you I have no hesitation with the purchase. Vosseler did contact me today while I was at work and provided the link below to a distributor.

VOSSELER DC2 5/6 REEL-BLACK | Angler Sport Group

** It will have some stiff competition for the favorite position held by my Abel Super 4 !
Old 08-01-2015, 02:30 PM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute

East, Vosseler's strength in our market is its esotericness and Teutonic intricate design. It is not a competitor to Abel, Hatch or Nautilus but perhaps, to Bauer or Galvan. The one depicted at Angler Sport is different form the models I'm familiar with.
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:25 PM

That is the info I was hoping for to help in my decision making and still kicking it around . The Abel may be more reel than I need for trout but the enjoyment I get from the sound & feel is worth every dime. I will need to think this one out , there's a 5N calling my name right now !