The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 09:33 PM

SoNH is on a distinguished road
Default Regal Engineering Fly Reel

Hi all,

I have a fly reel manufactured by Regal Engineering of Orange, MA. It has the Regal Engineering emblem on the side, and is engraved with the serial # 0261. The paperwork says anti reverse, fresh or saltwater big game reel. I cannot seem to find any information about the reel, i.e., its value, popularity, quality, etc. The Regal Engineering website does not even list a reel as one of their products. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:00 PM

fin??whatfin?? is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regal Engineering Fly Reel

I could not find anything. I would just call up regal and ask them if they made some but just stopped. How old is the reel if it is old it may be discontinued.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Location: Pointe Aux Anglais, Québec North Shore Region (CANADA)
JOCELIN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JOCELIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNH View Post
Hi all,

I have a fly reel manufactured by Regal Engineering of Orange, MA. It has the Regal Engineering emblem on the side, and is engraved with the serial # 0261. The paperwork says anti reverse, fresh or saltwater big game reel. I cannot seem to find any information about the reel, i.e., its value, popularity, quality, etc. The Regal Engineering website does not even list a reel as one of their products. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks in advance.
Here is a little more info

http://flyreelmania.free.fr/flyreel-regal2.jpg

If you want to sell it I am interested

Jocelin
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi SoNH,

Here is contact information for Regal Engineering. I would send them a fax with the serial number of the reel and ask for information. I don't know if they are still in business.

Why don't you post a front and back picture of your reel?

Frank

Regal Engineering Inc.
RFD2, Tully Rd.
Orange, MA 01364
Fax: 978-249-8005
Regal offers a unique four point brake system, anti-reverse fishing reel. Call or write for a free brochure.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi SoNH,

Bad news I think. Their phone and fax number has been disconnected.

Frank
Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 PM

SoNH is on a distinguished road

I am not sure how to upload images from my computer to the forum. If someone could explain it to me, I will gladly post the photos. (the reel is different from the one in the link sent by Jocelin)
The info I have received so far (not from Regal, mind you) is that the reel was manufactured originally along with the fly tying vise, but there was a change in ownership of the company some years ago, and the company founder took the patent rights to the reel with him when he left. It might be a sore subject, and that would explain why there is no mention of the reel on the website. I am not sure of the validity of this info, but is sounds reasonable.