09-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Re: Help me on deciding on a new reel!!
Here are some points. It may help make your decision.
- The Ross Rhythm is part of the Ross Reels USA collection. That means that Ross will service it as long for the lifetime of the products. Basically that means as long as the reel remains serviceable.
- Ross makes its decisions on what to do with a reel to be serviced within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ross has a vast inventory of spare parts for both current and discontinued models.
- Even though Ross has discontinued the Rhythm, Ross will continue to make a limited quantity of black spools each year. That way you have the chance to obtain a spare spool in the future.
- Drag system has a very smooth startup, but it lacks some high end stopping power. I wouldn't recommend it for fish that are built for speed (aka steelhead).
- If I recall correctly, the Ross has a larger outer spool diameter than the Lamson. It should retrieve line much faster.
Lamson Radius 2
- Like Ross, Lamson will service the reel for the lifetime of the product.
- As long as Lamson, continues to use the bearing and cone drag system, it will have spare parts for the reel.
- Lamson has a very quick turnaround for repair services.
- With the Radius being discontinued (at least two season now), spare spools are not available.
- The Lamson drag system has a very wide range of drag settings. It has a smooth start up, but it has a touch more high end than the Ross.