The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Allen Reel

I just wanted to post that I recently ordered two Allen Reels in the XL. There was a slight mix up in communication and one that had no problem with as a customer, but Justin went above and beyond...thank you soooo much.

The reels showed up very quickly. Just in time for my trip to Henry's and MAN did they get a workout.

I am use to the reel making noise on the in and out, but realize, allot of the new reels don't on the in . Still getting use to that, but I had a couple of reels before ALLEN's that didn't.

These reels are very smooth and I didn't notice any slop at all. It was a piece of cake to reverse the drag too.

THANK YOU Justin and will be doing more business with you in the future.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 PM

brucered is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allen Reel

glad to hear it all worked out and your are happy with the Allen reels.

i'm just looking into them for my first ever fly reel and it doesn't look like i could make a better choice. just have to narrow down which one i want or should get.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM

wonderfulremark is on a distinguished road

I've got an XL in the 3/4 size. Good reel but it weights too light for my liking, making the rod, tip heavy...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfulremark View Post
I've got an XL in the 3/4 size. Good reel but it weights too light for my liking, making the rod, tip heavy...
That is an easy fix...buy a new rod....LOL (works for me)
Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfulremark View Post
Put a layer or two of lead core line under the backing
Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM

tully mars is on a distinguished road

I just received a new Allen XL 7/8. Looks great. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 AM

sjs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I just wanted to post that I recently ordered two Allen Reels in the XL. There was a slight mix up in communication and one that had no problem with as a customer, but Justin went above and beyond...thank you soooo much.

The reels showed up very quickly. Just in time for my trip to Henry's and MAN did they get a workout.

I am use to the reel making noise on the in and out, but realize, allot of the new reels don't on the in . Still getting use to that, but I had a couple of reels before ALLEN's that didn't.

These reels are very smooth and I didn't notice any slop at all. It was a piece of cake to reverse the drag too.

THANK YOU Justin and will be doing more business with you in the future.
For the peanut gallery, Joni works as a guide so she gets guide pricing from manufacturers. Since Justin sells direct I would guess she buys at the same price as us. To show the deals she gets, a SA mastery series line costs her (at least before Oct 1st,) $15 and a sharkskin costs her $25. A tfo rod is %60 off for her. She COULD be buying a reel that costs over $300 for about $120, but she bought the allen reel with no special discounts (I am assuming)
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 PM

You assume right...these reels are THAT GOOD....;-)