The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default One Reel That I Can ILL AFFORD To Buy: But It is A Thing Of Beauty

After reading the thread on the review of the Fly Reels You Can Ill Afford Not To Buy, I thought of what reel (if I could afford it) would I like to buy -- OK OK make that the fly reel that unfortunately I can ILL AFFORD to buy -- and the Tibor Spey Reel, New Products, came to mind -- here's how one website describes it:

Tibor Spey Reel
This is to cool to ignore. Specifically colored to match Sage Z-AXIS, G. Loomis Roaring River, Winston Boron, C.F. Burkheimer and Beulah spey rods, this reel stands out in any crowd, yet matches the environment that anadromous salmonids live in. Two-handed fly rodding gets a sure-handed Tibor update in this modern spin on one of fishing's most hallowed traditions. Engraved with a Steelhead Trout and a traditional Celtic knot pattern, the Tibor Spey Reel features a modified drag system with a drag knob outlined in "witness marks." These marks allow you to precisely set, loosen, keep track of and then reset your drag for various tippet tensions required while striking, fighting and delicately landing larger fish. The Tibor Spey Reel also features a QuickChange spool system which allows you to change out spools on a moment's notice. With only a single moving part - the one-piece stainless steel end cap - there is nothing to remove, no loose parts, tricky threading or alignments. Finished in a non-reflective traditional moss green, and featuring its own unique spool design, the Tibor spey is precisely weighted and balanced for heavier lines and rods used in this classic form of fishing.
Weight: 12.5 oz.
Frame Size: 4 3/8" X 1 3/4"
Fits: 8/9/10 to 10/11/12 lines with up to 350 yards of #30 Micron Backing

It's a beautiful looking reel -- obviously very well constructed -- and being of part Irish descent, I love the Celtic knot circling the reel -- BUT while I'm sure it's worth every penny to those who can afford one, it's just too pricey for my budget -- but then again it is color coded to match that Sage Z-Axis Spey rod I've also had my eye on -- now if I ever win the lottery.....

Tight Lines, Mike
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: One Reel That I Can ILL AFFORD To Buy: But It is A Thing Of Beauty

that tibor is a NICE looking reel. here's my choice...

Hardy Fly - Products - Reels - Heritage Reels - Perfect Reels

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:36 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

I love Hardy's but that Tibor is a honey. Better reel at a better price. Especially if it's used for a spey rod. I'll take the Perfect for everthing else though.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Armando will become famous soon enough

Definetely

TIBOR TIBOR TIBOR!!!!!

I want them all!
Even the spey reel
Old 03-16-2009, 02:45 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

I like the hardy for all my trout fishing situations...but for spey/saltwater tibor is great