Loop Reels

MikeG

Reaction score
I was looking at Loop reels while I was searching for a fly reel for my muskie outfit. They are pretty expensive but I have heard some good things about them from other people. Anyone have one or used them before?

lineslinger

Reaction score
I have been using my Loop Model 3 on Pike, Cuda, Trevally, big Bonefish, and Tarpon for over 10 years. It is going to the Amazon with me in a couple of months. It it well built and reliable. This model is an older design. You take care of it and it will take care of you.

Offshore

Reaction score
I have been using my Loop Model 3 on Pike, Cuda, Trevally, big Bonefish, and Tarpon for over 10 years. It is going to the Amazon with me in a couple of months. It it well built and reliable. This model is an older design. You take care of it and it will take care of you.
I think I'm right in saying that the older Loops were made in Sweden by Danielsson... the companies seperated when Loop wanted production to go to the Far East... Danielsson still make the original reels under their own name in Sweden.

I had the dilema last year and based on advice bought the Danielsson... what a sweet reel. I use it for pike fly fishing across the pond here in the UK....