The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 AM

shadowcaster is on a distinguished road
Default Orvis CFO Reel

I have a new Orvis superfine trout bum 6'6" 3wt and I am looking to put the Orvis CFO1 rell on it. I like it for the looks and the traditional sound. Has anyone got any experience with the CFO reels? I have other Orvis rods and reels and they have worked flawlessly and wonderfully just unfamiliar with this. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis CFO Reel

I have several CFO's, both click and pawl and disc drag. Love 'em. Mine are all pre-China fabrication, though, so can't speak to the new ones. I often fish a 6'6" rod on tiny streams; the CFO I fits into the picture perfectly.

I suspect the new chinese-made CFO's work fine too. And Orvis stands pretty solidly behind what they sell which can be a real plus if something goes wrong. which is unlikely with a CFO reel.
My $0.02,
Gary
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM

shadowcaster is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input Gary. I totally agree with you. That is why I am such a big fan of Orvis due to the fact of how well they stand behind all their products..
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

CFO owner since 1990, smooth, good range of drag resistance on the spring & pawl models, you won't be disappointed.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;