Orvis CFO Reel

shadowcaster

Reaction score
I have a new Orvis superfine trout bum 6'6" 3wt and I am looking to put the Orvis CFO1 rell on it. I like it for the looks and the traditional sound. Has anyone got any experience with the CFO reels? I have other Orvis rods and reels and they have worked flawlessly and wonderfully just unfamiliar with this. Thanks in advance.

gt05254

Reaction score
I have several CFO's, both click and pawl and disc drag. Love 'em. Mine are all pre-China fabrication, though, so can't speak to the new ones. I often fish a 6'6" rod on tiny streams; the CFO I fits into the picture perfectly.

I suspect the new chinese-made CFO's work fine too. And Orvis stands pretty solidly behind what they sell which can be a real plus if something goes wrong. which is unlikely with a CFO reel.
My $0.02,
Gary

shadowcaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Gary. I totally agree with you. That is why I am such a big fan of Orvis due to the fact of how well they stand behind all their products..

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
CFO owner since 1990, smooth, good range of drag resistance on the spring & pawl models, you won't be disappointed.

Ard