The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Let's Build a Rod Together

Hi Everyone,

I have seen several post about putting together a fly rod. If we have some interest, Mojo has volunteered to help coordinate and provide technical information as needed. This will be a chance for someone who has never put together a rod to get their feet wet. I think Mojo can steer you to some materials that won't break the bank. You don't have to be a beginner if you want to join in.

So lets get a list started and so we can see who might be interested. Wrapping your own rods can save you some money and you will get a great satisfaction from fishing your own rod.

This will be the first time we have done this so we will have to learn as we go along. Let us know what you think.

Thanks ahead of time to Mojo for volunteering to run this.

Frank
sumojo likes this.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Let's Build a Rod Together

Please put me on the list...

Dan
Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

This ought to be good ... er ... fun ... er ...interesting! Oh, hell! Just put me on the list!! I look forward to it!! Thanks MOJO!!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
This ought to be good ... er ... fun ... er ...interesting! Oh, hell! Just put me on the list!! I look forward to it!! Thanks MOJO!!
Betty, I told Frank that I would enlist the help of others. Now that you've posted on this thread, your experience is welcome. I ain't taking the blame for all of this!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

mildly interested in this...

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:30 PM

wild trout is on a distinguished road

Definetly in.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Betty, I told Frank that I would enlist the help of others. Now that you've posted on this thread, your experience is welcome. I ain't taking the blame for all of this!
Oh, oh!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 AM

tonysav is on a distinguished road

Sounds great lets do it.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM

Ty 1 On is on a distinguished road

count me in 2
Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a rod builder, so if there are things I can help out with, I'd be glad to do it.