The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 06:49 AM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about
Default Bamboo rod tube

A gift from my uncle. Now I have to make a rod to fit it.

These are for sale if anyone is interested. Other material than bamboo too.

Click the image to open in full size.

www.304rodcompany.com
Old 04-16-2011, 06:58 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Bamboo rod tube

Now that IS unique! Off to Google.
fae

Edit: Lee, Did I miss the obvious? Didn't see anything about the rod tube on your web site.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:12 AM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bamboo rod tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Now that IS unique! Off to Google.
fae

Edit: Lee, Did I miss the obvious? Didn't see anything about the rod tube on your web site.
I am fighting to get it on the site. Yes they are for sale.

www.304rodcompany.com
Old 04-16-2011, 07:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Bamboo rod tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304rodco View Post
I am fighting to get it on the site. Yes they are for sale.
Super! I so want to connect that link up onto several other Boards. In the fishing equipment business there is little that's 'unique,' a 'one off' sort of thing. You've got one there.

If you'd be so kind, when you've go your web site up-dated, PM me and let me know. The "Boo-Boys" will be all over that thing!

Fred
Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're going to need another tube to protect the tube
Old 04-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Wink Re: Bamboo rod tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I think you're going to need another tube to protect the tube
Possibly. But I'd have a heavy wrapper of Plastic tube to put over the tube too. (Now that was atrocious use of the English Language.)

But you'd be 'one of one' when you pulled that out of the back of the car at a 'Boo 'Clave.' Worth an extra 100 points in the "Cool Factor."

Fred

Last edited by fredaevans; 04-16-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Language was even worse before the edit. My Very Bad.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Darn, Lee!!!!! That is one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful, rod tubes I've ever seen!

I don't want one for my boo rod ... I just want to hold it and carry it around!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Lee, that's nice.
Now here's something to dwell on, take your bamboo pieces and split them into 2" squares. Glue them up and turn them for reel seats. Example- your third picture down (open other end) the way it's stacked looks cool. Or not.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

absolutely beautiful craftsmanship!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Wink Re: Bamboo rod tube

Posted the link to this thread on three (or was it four?) other sites ... Guys are going 'I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE THINGS!'

Lee, there's an old one liner that I've always found to be true:

"Be careful of what you wish, your wish could come true." Passed that one-liner off to a custom reel maker months ago when 'I' started to 'promote' the reels he builds (no financial connection short of my credit card number) as they are really 'over the top' in construction and something the 'average guy' could really afford to buy.

When all that started he was selling/machining one-two reels per week. Now he works on Saturday's and Sundays.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
fae