The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lemon Drop Build progress

Hahhahaha!! How bout I bring it up there and you can take some wonderful pictures of it next to some grayling! I'm hoping for a good sunny day because the rod takes on a whole different light, literaly. There is one thing I forgot though but thats easy, I'll have the GF do the signature and all that but I think it needs a name. Any suggestions? I've been leaning towards Spring Brooke or Birdsong, I know mushy mushy but Birdsong is what I'm listening to while I'm working at it and the Spring Brooke thing well the color scheme reminds me a spring. Yeah I know cornball! hahaha!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You must remember that if you put your name on it you have to keep it forever. Unless you are a famous rod maker the personalization kinda ruins sale value. You could just have something neat scripted on the butt like, 'Custom' or 'Personal Touch by W.T. Bash' something like that would allow you to sell if you ever wanted to. I'm not suggesting that you will want to part with the rod but if you did.............

I have a couple custom built rods by Ron White, if they only had his name it would raise their value but I had my name put on as well and now they are mine until the end.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Spring breeze?

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Well she's finally done! I mounted a 1394 Pflueger with a Wulff TT3F and one of Joni's furled leaders. On the snow covered lawn its cast smooth and buttery. Now I'll be anticipating one of those warmer days when the midges decide to co-operate, well when the trout decide to co-operate! Yet again my photography stinks and doesn't capture the rods beauty.
Click the image to open in full size.

While she spun away on the dryer I went ahead a stripped, sanded, and rewrapped a Fenwick FF9010 that came with the extended butt. I decided to get a little flashy with this one and wrapped it in Granger Green silk tipped with Orange and got a little funky with the butt wraps. I'll get pics soon. I decided to throw a DT10F with it and sure its a touch heavy for our lake run fish butt with the glass and the heavier butt section I can bring a fish to hand alot quicker and be on to the next one I already have an Akron built 1498 waiting for this one to come off the dryer.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I know, my work area is a disaster zone but if you think thats bad you should see where I tie at!
Disaster zone? You should see the mess I have going. If yours is a disaster there are not words for what mine is. I can't wait to see the finished rods pictures.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:29 PM

You must be a lefty too, huh?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post

I have a couple custom built rods by Ron White, if they only had his name it would raise their value but I had my name put on as well and now they are mine until the end.
Ron 'Tater Salad' White?