The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiger eye rod blanks?

I'm very sorry to hear that, both you losing out on the money (is it too late to contact your credit card company?) and also that you never heard back from Dave. They are great blanks and it would be a shame if they went off the market. I hope he's doing ok.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Something is just not right there. Dave has NEVER let something like this go on. Keep trying him ... this just doesn't stack up.
Em
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
is it too late to contact your credit card company.
If I did not get the blank and could not contact them, I'd be on the phone with the card company. That's a shame it happened this way.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM

dsmith1427 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Auntie Em. I got two blanks from him a couple of months ago and am just about finished a 4/5 wt build. The rod came out really nice and using the "common cents" method the effective rod number was 4.9 and the action angle was 23. I ordered my blanks over the phone and received them within a week. He was nice over the phone. Definitely give him a call. I think he is a one man show so I would try calling in the morning before his day gets busy.

Don
Auntie Em likes this.