The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My winter spey rod project.

I think Casey is right...you're a master rod buildernever seen or fished such a big rod...
Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: What a great project and very nice work indeed! Looking forward to seeing the next steps in this project.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful work Dan. Looking forward to seeing the inlaid feathers.

Dave
Old 02-07-2012, 04:01 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Still want to set around and talk Archeology with you one of these days.
You'll have to PM me your number, I spend a lot of time driving to and from fishing in a car by myself! There is however, another option... will you be at the Midwest Expo? If so, we can definitely meet up. I'm going to need a lot of pike advice as well since I assume that will be my closest quarry when I'm in Sweden.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

The handle looks very nice, should be a beautiful rod when it's finished.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
You'll have to PM me your number, I spend a lot of time driving to and from fishing in a car by myself! There is however, another option... will you be at the Midwest Expo? If so, we can definitely meet up. I'm going to need a lot of pike advice as well since I assume that will be my closest quarry when I'm in Sweden.
I'm going to PM you my number right after this post. As for the Pike in Sweden, oh you definitely need to do that one. They have some huge Pike over there. It's been quite a few years back now, but I saw a list of the top 100 pike ever caught, and only 2 were from North America if I remember right. Point is, they have monster Pike in Europe.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You know I'll be watching this come together Dan. Have you decided on wrap colors? We had a thread that had the T&T deep green with red tipping shown and it looks just subtle enough to be really sharp.
I have a deep Green/Black Classic twist thread. I thought about using it. I'm going to have to look for that thread. Was it also on a deep Blue blank?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yes, fysh posted a link to T&T on the thread about test wraps by auntrout I think. Just go to the T&T web site and you will find the picture on a rod there, the picture isn't great but you'll get the idea.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to your SBS on thin trim bands. I'll be starting my third build soon, waiting on parts from acidrod. Planning to doing trim bands on this build.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntrout View Post
Looking forward to your SBS on thin trim bands. I'll be starting my third build soon, waiting on parts from acidrod. Planning to doing trim bands on this build.
If you get to where you need to know how to do them before I get them posted, call me. I'll PM you my number. I can do a one turn wrap you can't see where it crosses at. Neat trick.

PMing the number.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:09 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Thanks Dan.