The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2-piece blanks

I suggest we use bikes instead of cars. Obviously tires a weak spot. Otherwise why would we have lug nuts?

OK, lets look at the stupidity of this kind of line of reasoning. A two pc. rod has a ferrule as well.The wrap is the prevent the graphite from splitting, but once wrapped is not a weak spot, so unless you plan to go use your unbuilt blank as a buggy whip, your (and you know who) reasoning is as defective as the nonsense that put me in ignore mode in the first place.
Auntie Em likes this.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Dan,
This is exactly what I wanted to say, but figured "Big Cliff" would ban me outright. (that being I am just a girl, girls are dispensable). You might as well give it a rest ... you can't argue stupid, and expect to get through.
Enjoyed my stay here, but figure I'd better include my good-bys here, if they're going to be shared ... "Big Cliff" is watching!!
Auntie Em
Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

At the risk offending more people, if there are personal issues between some forum member I'd ask that you keep them that way, personal. Public snipes at each other is not going to help anything and rather brings down the entire enterprise.

Thanks.
imxer likes this.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:30 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

I certainly agree!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Maybe this will help.

How to Deal with People Who Like to Start Arguments

I'll have to give the shortcomings of 2 pc rods some thought.
FlyFlinger2421 and wannafish like this.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Have you any idea how much misinformation is being spread as gospel in here? Sheer conjecture? Ignore me if you want, but listen to Dan. He does know of what he speaks.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I'm one that likes two piece rods; lately I've acquired a couple Redington 4 piece rods with the "alignment dots" that don't align which irritates the heck outa me. I don't fly anywhere and see no real advantage to shorter rod tubes. there are still a few two piece Z-Axis rods around and I hope they are still available when I am ready with some cash.

Another option now is a ONE PIECE (!!) Hardy rod; I'd love that
Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Another option now is a ONE PIECE (!!) Hardy rod; I'd love that
That I'd like to see. Does it come with a tube, and long-bed pickup?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Oh, and did I mention the price per ferrule? Looks like Hardy wants $100 each!
Google

Thanks for the info Wannafish!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That I'd like to see. Does it come with a tube, and long-bed pickup?
Hardy Zenith one piece rods come in only one length (8'10") with a cordura tube but sadly no long bed included; I'd still like one though
Hardy Fly - Products - Flyfishing Rods - SINTRIX Flyfishing Rods - Zenith One Piece