The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2-piece blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Maybe this will help.

How to Deal with People Who Like to Start Arguments

I'll have to give the shortcomings of 2 pc rods some thought.
The King of starting arguments started this thread. I have made more rods that I forgot about,than I am sure the rest of you with the exception of AuntieEm here, have made put together.

I have a serious dislike for bad information being put out there. The idea of this forum is to help, not fill people with BS. When poopflinger builds a few thousand rods, then he can put his ideas about ferrules without fear of being contradicted. And he won't be, because at that point he will have learned what I have.

Do you really think for a single second that rod designers make a rod a one piece and then cut it up, adding ferrules to make 2 or 4 pc. rods? You don't think they take into account any change in the rods properties when they make a 2 or 4 pc. rod? Every bit of what this started off as is complete nonsense. Every last bit of it. I seriously hate when encouragement is added to it. Bad information is bad information. When you can build rods and sell them to every state in the country on word of mouth alone, then feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Judging by the information poopflinger has in this, I can tell one thing, he is not a rod maker. In fact overall, I have no real evidence he even fishes. If he does and is to be taken at his word I know he is a poacher, and a self professed one at that.

When you can do better than this, then argue with me;
Click the image to open in full size.
Thread weave

Click the image to open in full size.
My 15' FOUR pc. rod.
Auntie Em likes this.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

My girlfriend can make seriously pretty art but doesn't know poo-doo about fly rods.

This thread is full of funny though.
Today I fished a 6pc, a pair of 4pc and a 2pc rod. They all caught lots of fish.

The biggest one was on the 2pc. It must be a sign.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

-Edit.

Never mind. Hardly worth it.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
-Edit.

Never mind. Hardly worth it.
Good answer; chill zone time?
imxer, FlyFlinger2421 and Guest1 like this.