The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SBS Decorative Wraps

Outstanding MarcoWhen I saw your previous posts I was impressed...I'm more impressed now I've seen the SBS...also sad...now I know I will never be able to do that
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Outstanding MarcoWhen I saw your previous posts I was impressed...I'm more impressed now I've seen the SBS...also sad...now I know I will never be able to do that
You can do it jpbfly. It's only one thread at a time.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

AMAZING WORK!!!
BRAVO!

casey
swirlchaser likes this.

ARFE
Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is I see some of you tying flies on 20,22 even 24 hooks and wonder how on earth you do it! I guess it's a matter of perception.
theboz likes this.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Amazing job!! I would be afraid to fish that rod because I know it would break on me and I'd be stuck having to do it all over.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 AM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough

I'm a creative guy and this just blows my mind. Completely lost as to how you did this but it looks amazing. Extremely well done.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I'm a creative guy and this just blows my mind. Completely lost as to how you did this but it looks amazing. Extremely well done.
Thanks Nick, it's not that hard. Once you do one your hooked. If you wany to try one let me know. I'll walk you through it.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough

Well I'm about to start building my first rod this weekend but maybe once I make something that doesn't look like a goopy popsicle stick I'll give it a shot.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Well I'm about to start building my first rod this weekend but maybe once I make something that doesn't look like a goopy popsicle stick I'll give it a shot.
When your ready I can email you one of the less complicated patterns out of the book. I'll walk you through the spacing and you should be good to go.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM

Donovan is on a distinguished road

Hey Swirlchaser. That is some wonderful work that! Here I am just messing around trying to learn the basic wrapping techniques and I see this.

I have a question about this design. When you do your finish, there are a lot of thread ends. Does this mean that every "line" you wrap is an idividual piece?