The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difference in weight of built rod from mfg's specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
we're actually talking about the weight of 5 or 6 pennies.
Exactly. Weight is now more of a marketing thing than a practical thing. People get way to concerned with weight. I own a pile of rods and I have never weighed a single one of them. I might weigh my 17'er just for giggles though.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Difference in weight of built rod from mfg's specs

Some of the rod-building videos I've seen always made me wonder about weight.

It looks to me like some of these videos put an ounce or two of epoxy on the handle and reel seat.