The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By petee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Lemke Titanium Seat Hardware

Sorry to bore you with reel seat hardware, but I love burls so much I had to show it off. Just got my Lemke Titanium Spey seat hardware in today. And man is it sweet and definately worth every penny. I already had the insert turned and ready to go. As you can see the Spey hardware is basically the big brother to other fly rod hardware. The smaller hardware is a Lemke down locking seat. Joel Lemke was cool enough to turn me a tack for the end of the aft handle for a very minor up charge. Wish I could remember what the wood I used for the Spey seat was :wallbash: . It was a blank that was sent to me by another Bamboo builder. When I was turning it, it sort of smelled the Carolina Cherry. The one on the right is Carolina Cherry Burl.

The Titanium seat is going on my future Sage "One" Switch 7116-4. Yep, stepping to the dark side and trying out the whole Switch Rod thing . Haven't even received the blank yet and I already have the seat done. Talk about the cart before the horse. Shoot, I'll probably have the handles made before I get the blank.

Click the image to open in full size.

And yes, the dimple on the edge of the sliding ring is suppose to be there. They are spaced evenly around the slider.

Thanks for looking,
Pete
wt bash and frogg like this.

Last edited by petee; 01-31-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Can't spell worth a hoot.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lemke Titanium Seat Hardware

WOW! Really classy look!