The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM

cowger10 will become famous soon enoughcowger10 will become famous soon enough
Default Almost Finished

This last weekend I finished wrapping my first rod. All I have left is to epoxy it. I think that is turned out great. I can't wait to get it on the water and try it out. I'll try to post pictures when I am finished.
williamhj and brian miville like this.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost Finished

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Just realize that when you go to post photos on the forum that we don't allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer to a post. There are a couple different methods, probably the easiest is to create an account on PhotoBucktet, upload your photos there, then link them to your post. You link the photo using the little yellow rectangular icon that looks like a mountain and sun located just above the area where you type in posts. The other method is to create an album using your UserCP and then upload the photos into your album. If you use that method realize that you will need to reduce the size of your photo to a max of 100 KB, I think PhotoBucket does that for you. If you don't have a photo editing program there is a free one online: http://pixlr.com/editor/
Here is some detailed information on how to upload photos:
A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;

Larry
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the hints mcnerney.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Cool man, it feels really good doesn't it!?!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Just realize that when you go to post photos on the forum that we don't allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer to a post. There are a couple different methods, probably the easiest is to create an account on PhotoBucktet, upload your photos there, then link them to your post. You link the photo using the little yellow rectangular icon that looks like a mountain and sun located just above the area where you type in posts. The other method is to create an album using your UserCP and then upload the photos into your album. If you use that method realize that you will need to reduce the size of your photo to a max of 100 KB, I think PhotoBucket does that for you. If you don't have a photo editing program there is a free one online: Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com
Here is some detailed information on how to upload photos:
A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;
Larry you was very helpfull with me a few days back , when I had problems uploading Photos ... so this is very good advice too all .

Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished pics. I just got in my drying motor and rod chuck today. I just need to get it mounted and work on making a thread tensioner and then I hope to start my first rod soon as well. What rod blank did you use? Just curious.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM

I got a Cabela's 8'6'' 4 wt. kit and then replaced the eyelets with single footed ones.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Cool! I got a Cabela's Stowaway 6 9' 5wt for Christmas (the pre assembled one of course) and have considered buying one of the blanks, maybe 6 or 8 wt.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM

Nice I got my eye on a TFO ticr 8wt blank.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

One thing about TFO blanks, they come with the large text already on them. Aesthetically I don't like it. Some people don't mind but it is good to know going in.