The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By wt bash
  • 2 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By wt bash
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By wt bash
  • 2 Post By caseywise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Started another one.

All the rod design and length threads along with Dean MT's wraps I had to get another one going. So with a friends pro bono rod in the works, another to go to MT and my own Letort 40 drying nicely, I took my scrap strips and knocked up a little number I call the Back Packer Bushwhacker. This will be a 2pc at 5'6" to pack into some of the more remote locales I plan on getting to this summer.

Click the image to open in full size.

Don't worry Marco I haven't forgotten about you!
fysh, mcnerney, caseywise and 3 others like this.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Started another one.

Remote places? You can't be talking Ohio Very cool! Look forward to watching it develop!
wt bash and woodrivertroutbum like this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
You can't be talking Ohio
No way man I just get my mail here! I face north and then hang a right with a glove box full of DeLorme Topo Maps!
williamhj likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

One of these times just jump on 80 and head west for about 20 hours.
wt bash likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 PM

I gotta start selling some of them and load up on gas and multipule licenses, its been too long since I was West of the Mississippi!
williamhj likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

cant wait to see the progress on this new rod bill!
"WT Bash Custom Bamboo"
its got a great ring to it

casey
wt bash and williamhj like this.

ARFE
Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
All the rod design and length threads along with Dean MT's wraps I had to get another one going. So with a friends pro bono rod in the works, another to go to MT and my own Letort 40 drying nicely, I took my scrap strips and knocked up a little number I call the Back Packer Bushwhacker. This will be a 2pc at 5'6" to pack into some of the more remote locales I plan on getting to this summer.

Click the image to open in full size.

Don't worry Marco I haven't forgotten about you!
Glad to hear it! No rush for me, I'll be busy with Bass and Fluke soon. I won't be building much til the Tog stop chewing.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:00 PM

Might be a bit longer than I thought, I'm thinking about throwing a hail bomb and getting the hell out of this place and heading back that way on a wing and prayer. Getting sick of having to make the best of a bad situation, Dirty Jersey's looking cleaner every day!!