The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: New life for an old soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I'll have to take one out of mothballs and try it out
Just clean the grease out before you pour in the cereal!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Yeah but you could only put that Bomber out that far if it was injected and you were using 12 lb Ande Pink!
I have to admit I have switched to braid the past few years. I love reading the surf forums where newer guys complain about breaking 30# braid and loosing a $20 plug. I wonder what they would do if they had to fish #12 mono like we had to
theboz likes this.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Especially when the bail started to get wonky, swing that pendulum cast and let it go, the plug was looking like it could hit the coast Portugal and the bail would fail, the pop was louder than a M-80! Man this thread makes me miss the coast even more!!! I can almost smell the barnacles cooking in the sun!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:49 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Especially when the bail started to get wonky, swing that pendulum cast and let it go, the plug was looking like it could hit the coast Portugal and the bail would fail, the pop was louder than a M-80! Man this thread makes me miss the coast even more!!! I can almost smell the barnacles cooking in the sun!
That's why I cut my bail off! Useless piece of wire!

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I have to admit I have switched to braid the past few years. I love reading the surf forums where newer guys complain about breaking 30# braid and loosing a $20 plug. I wonder what they would do if they had to fish #12 mono like we had to
They couldn't do it! All those guys talk about is equipment! Do they actually fish or just admire their Van Stalls and other new stuff.Im all for new equipment but learn how to fish first and then buy the best and talk about it. If they learned how to use the light mono first they would appreciate the braid and new equipment that much more! Just my 2 cents.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I see guys with new sticks that cast like old women all the time!
swirlchaser and wt bash like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser