The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 weeks of chaos! It's a race to the 22nd

The trifecta is complete. Justin's wrap is done, he's a huge Spiderman fan and wanted Spiderman colors and of course the "spider" pattern.

Click the image to open in full size.

wishiniwerfishin likes this.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Epoxy is done on the kid's rods, still wet so I'll post pics later. I got side tracked with another grip project and a few more jigs so Gina's rod hasn't even been started. I might miss this deadline...
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Black jigs, black bombers glad to see I'm not the only one!

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and the rods look incredible !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Black jigs, black bombers glad to see I'm not the only one!

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and the rods look incredible !
This time of year it's all about the night fishing, it's gotta be black. Don't worry the moon is coming, the yellow school bus will be out soon
theboz likes this.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM

Second grip done, not sure why I had to this this grip right now since I don't have a rod for it yet but A-D-D gets pretty bad at times...

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

Oh yeah, kid's rods are done
Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Project has completely derailed. The last rod still hasn't been touched, I'm hooked on the foam...

The deck on the bandsaw was off by 2* and I didn't notice, one side lined up and the other side didn't.:ra nting3:
wishiniwerfishin likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:10 AM

Not perfect, but the pattern worked. Now I'll try it again and see if I can get it to line up better.
caseywise likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

swirlchaser ... I say this in the most loving of manner... "and I thought I was AR" !!!
Your work is fantastic!! I love opening your posts, not knowing what will be there, but anticipating great things. I'm NEVER disappointed! Thank you!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
swirlchaser ... I say this in the most loving of manner... "and I thought I was AR" !!!
Your work is fantastic!! I love opening your posts, not knowing what will be there, but anticipating great things. I'm NEVER disappointed! Thank you!
Thank you Autie Em. The grips have taken over my bench lately. I can't get anything else donr, there's foam everywhere!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold

I find this thread quite disturbing..... How somebody can do so much with EVA and also do fantastic weaves bothers my weak little mind. Just how AR are you? I mean, geez, most builders are AR, but I think you might have deep, deep issues well beyond the rest of us.

Great work by the way.

Pete
"Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16