The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cochise
  • 1 Post By plecain
  • 1 Post By cochise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rod building book on ebay.

For those of you who want to learn, or just collectors, here is a great book that is no longer in print I believe. If it is still in print, you won't get it for the price it's at right now. Thought somebody may want to take a look at it before it's gone.
Advanced Custom Rod Building Dale Clemens Fishing Rods Design Construction | eBay
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rod building book on ebay.

Dan, great spot. Dale came into my fly shop in about 1992ish and asked if I wanted to sell his rods. His work was/is amazing.

I still think the rod I bought from you is the nicest looking rod I have ever seen. Dale would be proud of your work.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:20 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Dammit it's sold!

Thanks Dan for the heads up. I have a small tying book library and of course general fishing Lit, but I don't have any rod building books. But I'd love to start a small collection. I'll keep my eyes out for another.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer. It didn't have a lot of time left when I saw it. Something like 2 hours. I figured somebody on here might want it though so even with the lack of time I thought I'd give it a shot.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

I bid on this, but wasn't paying attention and got outbid at the end.

However, Amazon has this book, new, in paperback if anyone is interested:

Advanced Custom Rod Building: Dale P. Clemens: 9781620877937: Amazon.com: Books Advanced Custom Rod Building: Dale P. Clemens: 9781620877937: Amazon.com: Books
dean_mt likes this.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

He was I think The Original "Thread Man" who many over The years have copied.
Brian
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I was the lucky one that threw up a late bid and got it.

Me and my impulses.
dean_mt likes this.