The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What are these components?

Very helpful information, thank you for it. Although, don't you mean that the ID of the real seat should be GREATER than the OD of the blank? I assume it wouldn't fit through if it was the other way around.

The spey kit I mentioned in this will actually be a later rod that I build. I want to build a single hander first and know that it doesn't come out like a goopy popsicle stick before I try a 2 hander.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Very helpful information, thank you for it. Although, don't you mean that the ID of the real seat should be GREATER than the OD of the blank? I assume it wouldn't fit through if it was the other way around.

The spey kit I mentioned in this will actually be a later rod that I build. I want to build a single hander first and know that it doesn't come out like a goopy popsicle stick before I try a 2 hander.
Yes, I got it backwards . As if this isn't already confusing enough for you lol. Good luck with the first rod and post pics, we want to see it
Old 06-20-2013, 01:23 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

See??? I told you so!!
swirlchaser likes this.