The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rod Building (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rod-building/)
-   -   Stuck on crutches so I built a few more (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rod-building/326204-stuck-crutches-so-i-built-few-more.html)

swirlchaser 07-25-2013 03:18 PM

Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Well I decided this would a great time to break my Fibula so I was forced to stay home and do nothing for a few days. Doing nothing lasted all of 2 hrs before I started going stir crazy so I wrapped a few rods to pass the time.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e4f3a43.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...ps943b1943.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...ps11c6427e.jpg

Rip Tide 07-25-2013 03:56 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
:secret:
Kelly posted some pictures last week of him fishing on crutches. Reminded me that I'd done much the same thing some 18 years ago.
Of course if you fall down while wading......you're fvcked :rolleyes:

theboz 07-25-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
As usual great stuff Marco! The bottom one is really spectacular! Sorry to hear your laid up , get better soon ! Oh and thanks for the SI spot , no Bass but plenty of Choppers and shorty Fluke!

swirlchaser 07-25-2013 04:04 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip Tide (Post 576016)
:secret:
Kelly posted some pictures last week of him fishing on crutches. Reminded me that I'd done much the same thing some 18 years ago.
Of course if you fall down while wading......you're fvcked :rolleyes:

I should be in a boot in 3 weeks. When that happens I'm in the water. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboz (Post 576018)
As usual great stuff Marco! The bottom one is really spectacular! Sorry to hear your laid up , get better soon ! Oh and thanks for the SI spot , no Bass but plenty of Choppers and shorty Fluke!

Thanks John, I meant to call and ask how you did but I got a little sidetracked with my injury lol. Glad that spot work for you guys, it's literally the only place around this entire Island that's been producing fish. Glad I got hurt now while it's slow lol.

theboz 07-25-2013 04:14 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Haha! Luckily we had the spot! The guy who we went out with was on the wagon and using his spinning rod upside down! Looked at my son and said where do you find these friends?

swirlchaser 07-25-2013 04:17 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theboz (Post 576022)
Haha! Luckily we had the spot! The guy who we went out with was on the wagon and using his spinning rod upside down! Looked at my son and said where do you find these friends?

:eek:
Temps have cooled off the past few days, Bass are starting to behave like Bass again. My buddy caught a few in the wash this morning.

theboz 07-25-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swirlchaser (Post 576024)
:eek:
Temps have cooled off the past few days, Bass are starting to behave like Bass again. My buddy caught a few in the wash this morning.

Got two shorts on LI when the front moved in. But right now the Smallies are on a tear by the Gap! Last night a hit on every cast on top! So much fun! The Copper Mine is like a bath tub!

swirlchaser 07-25-2013 04:31 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theboz (Post 576026)
Got two shorts on LI when the front moved in. But right now the Smallies are on a tear by the Gap! Last night a hit on every cast on top! So much fun! The Copper Mine is like a bath tub!

I'm glad someone is catching them. I probably won't get back up there until late Fall.

jimp 07-25-2013 08:46 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
beautiful work on the rods. but what are those two black and white objects on the plastic tackle box.??

mcnerney 07-25-2013 09:22 PM

Re: Stuck on crutches so I built a few more
 
Marco: Awesome work as always, I really like the second one! Sorry you are laid up, at least you are making the best of it. Here is to a speedy recovery.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
2005-2014 The North American Fly Fishing Forum. All rights reserved.