The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What color wraps?

That's a really nice reel seat ! How about silver thread with black cross hatching! I've seen this on black blanks and it looks outstanding!
Nice rod dean!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-16-2013, 10:23 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I ended up getting a bunch of different options. I got some metallic silver, some of that barred stuff thats a little less flashy, dark grey thread, light grey thread, and something else I think. I will have to match it all up when everything gets here and see what I like best.
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I ended up getting a bunch of different options. I got some metallic silver, some of that barred stuff thats a little less flashy, dark grey thread, light grey thread, and something else I think. I will have to match it all up when everything gets here and see what I like best.
We're one here together. Subtle, very very subtle between blank coloure and wraps. Just a touch of 'Bling' and nothing more. My 'Bling' is an aged 100 pound Yellow Lab who would walk up/down the beach and wade in next to a caster.

One time a young fellow 'objected' and two old fellows put there rods down and tossed him in the river. He wanted to press charges,

Officer looked at the three of us (all in our late 60's or into 70's) , and the Dog ...... Oregon Police Officer's call was "I wish I could have participated."

fae
nick k likes this.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
We're one here together. Subtle, very very subtle between blank coloure and wraps. Just a touch of 'Bling' and nothing more. My 'Bling' is an aged 100 pound Yellow Lab who would walk up/down the beach and wade in next to a caster.

One time a young fellow 'objected' and two old fellows put there rods down and tossed him in the river. He wanted to press charges,

Officer looked at the three of us (all in our late 60's or into 70's) , and the Dog ...... Oregon Police Officer's call was "I wish I could have participated."

fae

Haha. Great story Fred. I think I'm inclined to agree with the police officer. Some people just have it coming.