The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some eye candy and an apology

Hey guys,
Sorry I've been MIA for the past 6 months. Between moving, breaking my leg and building rods and plugs I'm ashamed to say I haven't picked up a flyrod since May Posting some eye candy for you guys so you know I wasn't a complete slacker the last half a year
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Some eye candy and an apology

Hi Marco,

I guess it's a 2 way street because of all the 'Proof of Life' PM's I sent out I didn't send you one. Sorry to hear of the broken leg, you better be careful bud, and your wrapping has reached new levels I see.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-10-2013, 07:24 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Marco,

I guess it's a 2 way street because of all the 'Proof of Life' PM's I sent out I didn't send you one. Sorry to hear of the broken leg, you better be careful bud, and your wrapping has reached new levels I see.

Ard
Thanks Ard, I'm all healed up now. I've learned that just because I'm playing paintball with my 16 year old it doesn't mean I can play like a 16 yr old. I have promised myself that I will unplug the workshop my March and won't go in there unless I'm grabbing gear to fish with.
mridenour and the_pyromaniac like this.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:28 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Dang swirl, I was wondering what had happened to you! Soooooooooo, you think you can just come back, post a few pics of some run of the mill rods & lures & get right back into the good graces of the forums?

Man, those rods the surf wood are SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!

Glad you're back!

Hope you've healed up without any complications!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

DBL post, sorry!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Dang swirl, I was wondering what had happened to you! Soooooooooo, you think you can just come back, post a few pics of some run of the mill rods & lures & get right back into the good graces of the forums?

Man, those rods the surf wood are SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!

Glad you're back!

Hope you've healed up without any complications!
I figured it would work for all but the saltiest old dogs on here, thanks for the compliments. I was lucky enough so have a clean break of the Fibula with no ankle damage whatsoever. I was also lucky enough to do it AFTER the move and after the shop was setp
mridenour likes this.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Marco: Great work as always! Sorry to hear about the broken leg, hopefully that is all in the past and your all healed up.

Larry

Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Thanks Larry, I'm all set now and gearing up for the spring.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 PM

Marco, well, I'm glad you healed up OK! And, seriously, your talent with those rod wraps is amazing! I really do like the surf lures as well! Awesome stuff!

If I thought I could accomplish as much, I would be willing to break my leg!

I took a vacation week this week, and yet to accomplish anything much! I need to get my tying/tackle room cleaned up & organized, but my wife took a week off too, so, she has other ideas about what "needs" to be done around here!

Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Marco, well, I'm glad you healed up OK! And, seriously, your talent with those rod wraps is amazing! I really do like the surf lures as well! Awesome stuff!

If I thought I could accomplish as much, I would be willing to break my leg!

I took a vacation week this week, and yet to accomplish anything much! I need to get my tying/tackle room cleaned up & organized, but my wife took a week off too, so, she has other ideas about what "needs" to be done around here!
Wife took vacation on the same week? Get any fishing related ideas out of your head I got lucky on the fly tying because I had been tying all spring and didn't get a chance to use them so I'm all set for next year. The rodbuilding pays for most of my tackle and fishing related expenses, the surf lures... well those I usually fish until they fall apart