The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fyshstykr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 09:20 AM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice
Default CCS data chart ?

Does anyone know of a data chart for the Batson fly blanks? RX7 ?

I want to compare the 9' 5 wt. and 8'6" 4 wt. to the Sage One and some of the others. I built a 8'6" 4 wt.(Batson) and I am pretty impressed with it casting , had a chance to toss a One and was having a hard time feeling the difference inside of 45' or so ....

Any thoughts are welcome!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:35 AM

vgb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CCS data chart ?

These give a fairly wide:

http://www.wetconcepts.com/CC_Data.htm

Sexyloops Rod Database

regards

Vince
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

I can't help with the Batson, but I do have a Sage One 8'6" 4wt. that I've measured myself.

Its ERN is 5.6, and AA is 70 according to my measurement.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 AM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice

Thanks Vince & Plecain,

That gives me a good source to work with. The 8'6 RX7 isn't in the DB but the 9' is a in 5 wt. The Batson's all seem to fall in AA = 64/67. I am focused on tip recovery which seems to be less with 8' than 8'6" at least with the RX7 and Orvis rods. Too bad there is no frequency data avail. I see Dan Craft Sig iv comes close to the One. I am not sure of the tip bounce on the 8'6" One , I don't have one on hand to cast.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
Does anyone know of a data chart for the Batson fly blanks? RX7 ?

I am pretty impressed with it casting.

Any thoughts are welcome!
Have a couple Batson rods that I've built, I'm more impressed with them every time I cast them. Great blanks, and the price is right.
eastfly66 likes this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Have a couple Batson rods that I've built, I'm more impressed with them every time I cast them. Great blanks, and the price is right.
I am having a hard time finding a flaw with the one I built other than some tip bounce but I am not so sure that isn't normal for a 4 wt. with 40' of line out or it could be in my casting stroke. Either way it is not a major bounce. I have a 8 foot blank that seems a tad stiffer I might build up to see if it is better. Anyone one else have opinions on them ?