The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By blazin84ta
  • 1 Post By buddhist_palm
  • 1 Post By blazin84ta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 07:01 PM

blazin84ta is on a distinguished road
Default Couple of recent projects

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

A couple of 5 1/2 footers for my toddlers and the st croix is one i just finished for my dad who is just taking up fly fishing this year. Ive got an orvis superfine in process for myself that ill add pictures for as soon as mudhole sends me the right piece to finish my reel seat.
mcnerney, Auntie Em, kayo and 4 others like this.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 AM

Donovan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Couple of recent projects

Blazin, thats just so great! I really envy you. My daughter is 7 and not all that into fishing unfortunately. My son is so into outdoors and anything to do with it. He has seen me casting and gets hold of my kit when I turn my back and goes bonkers swishing the rod around. He is only 18 months old though so...

Needless to say I just cant wait! Will be doing my first build in July when finances finally clear up for it and then shall definitely be doing one for him too.

Going to start him waaaaayyy young!

Lovely builds by the way.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:58 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

omg that little vest is so cute!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

My orvis superfine blank all finished up.... The boys love the water and being outside they only enjoy fishing when a fish is on the hook but luckily one stream by me runs adjacent to a playground so if we dont hook one in 3 minutes they go play on the slides lol
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:51 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold

And an Abel to match. Doesn't get much better than that. Funny but the superfine looks a lot like your avatar
"Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool! I also love that vest, I need to get one of those for my six year old grandson.

Larry

Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Yea picked up the abel off ebay and the superfine blank off mudhole just finished the rod two weeks ago and absolutely love it.... I bought their vests at dunhams for $15 each