The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: How do I clean the cork without damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
Frank

Ordered a "Wondercloth"; works well on the guides, blank etc, as well as the cork. Not sure it is any better than any of the other methods posted but it is convenient & would be easy to carry among your equipment on longer trips.
Seems like a good item for keeping reels clean as well. They also recommend it for impregnated fly lines , IMHO that alone makes it worth the cost.
Hi imxer,

Thanks for the report. The Wondercloth sounds like a good idea. Let us know if you have any trouble with it or it stops working after a short time.

Frank
Old 02-23-2009, 02:21 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Frank

Will do.

Noticed an item in a catalog for a small piece of the cloth to use for drying flies. Price makes the larger cloth a bargain by comparison, but I'd guess only a bargain if you can use the thing. If it will clean lines without damaging them, that's enough for me.
For just cleaning grips, I have to agree with the guys recommending dishwashing detergent.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one that prefers 'Dirty Cork'?

I rub any fish slime left after the release into my cork, I like to think it leaves good Karma in the rod. Just something I do. lol

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*