The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 AM

ravensgait is on a distinguished road
Default Where do I find a reel seat like those used on

Orvis ZG , T-3s saltwater.. Building a new bone fish rod and really like the simplicity of this style seat. thanks..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where do I find a reel seat like those used on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait View Post
Orvis ZG , T-3s saltwater.. Building a new bone fish rod and really like the simplicity of this style seat. thanks..
I dont belive they have those reel seats, but check out mudhole, they have a great selection, I just got a new catalog from them and its has some very cool new seats and stuff.
Bear
Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Are you talking the bottom screw cap type?
If you want to spend the bucks $100 maybe more, Mark Shamburg out of Colorado has a hidden thread style he makes out of titanium. Looks killer.
Heres something from a couple years ago but it will give you an idea.
The CT seats are back! - Rod Building

More Reel Seats - Rod Building
Old 02-07-2009, 01:25 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

yup, check with mark. he makes some very cool hardware in titanium which should help for your salt needs.

jenkins fly rods, fine makes of bamboo rods used to use something similar long ago in nickel silver very very similar to the hidden screw type of seat i think you're looking for but they closeout their stick long ago. you might want to contact them and see if they could point you to another source. they call it their ILS reel seat and they are beautiful but nickel silver so probably not what you'd want. i bought one years ago but am saving it for something special. check their web site, click on currents and contact link, scroll down to ILS reel seat:

index jenkins fly rods

you might even try contacting orvis directly. i think long LONG ago they would sell components they used on their rods but i'm pretty sure they ceased that at least a decade ago, but may be able to point to another source. highly speculative on my part i admit.

good luck.

eric
fresno, ca.