The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rod Building

Fly Rod Building Discussions on building fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Blanks That Have Similar Action to Redington CT 5wt

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any blanks that have a similar action to a 9' 5wt Redington CT. I know of a place that has the CT rods on sale for $109, but I rather wrap my own. I have a couple nice reel seats I purchased on sale for only $8 and want to build a 5wt.

One of the seats I'm going to use on 10' blank I found on Ebay that was inexpensive that I want to see if it will make a decent Czech Nymph rod. Even if not the only build will be cheap enough I won't be out to many $'s.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:56 PM

hardhat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blanks That Have Similar Action to Redington CT 5wt

These blanks may not be the same as, however here are some good choices that will not break the bank. You might look at Batson RX6, Pac Bay Rainforest 2, Cabelas PT+, Matrix, or a Tiger eye blank. There are also some choices on ebay that may fit your need.

Last edited by hardhat; 12-31-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 AM

gbfowler will become famous soon enough

The mudhole mhx's will be a nice medium to medium fast in the lighter weights, as soon as you step up to 4 and above they become fast action. Great blanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

What action does a 9' 5wt Redington CT have. I may be able to tell you, but I need a tad more info.