The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about
Default Nano ti comparison to tfo finesse

So, ive been eyeing the nano ti rods and was wondering how they would compare to the tfo finesse rod.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Walter1023 has a spectacular aura aboutWalter1023 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nano ti comparison to tfo finesse

I've not casted either but i think they are on opposite ends....I think the finesse was billed as a moderate action .........and nano ti a very fast action. However I've been waiting for some reviews on the nano Ti on the forum for the 4 or 5 weight range .....hopefully we'll get some soon.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 AM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

yes hopefully very soon, i need me a new 4wt!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianfishn View Post
yes hopefully very soon, i need me a new 4wt!
Or you could check out this sale and get yourself a brand new 8' 4 wt TFO Pro for a measly 100 bucks (or a Finesse 5 wt for $117) to tide you over until you make up your mind!

I have both the 4 wt and 5 wt Finesse in the 7' 9". They are very similar. Slightly more backbone than the old Orvis Far & Fine 7-9 for 5. Haven't compared them to any new Nano rods.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter1023 View Post
I've not casted either but i think they are on opposite ends....I think the finesse was billed as a moderate action .........and nano ti a very fast action. However I've been waiting for some reviews on the nano Ti on the forum for the 4 or 5 weight range .....hopefully we'll get some soon.
Hi Walter,

Where did you hear that the Ti is a very fast action? The Allen site list the rod with a moderate/fast action. You are correct that the Finesse is rated a moderate action by some and to me is a slow/moderate action.

Frank
Old 02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone, at the end of Feb I will have demo rods that I will send to Frank. The release as been slow only due to needed to fulfill pre-orders first. More photos and videos will be released soon. Also, my new Xa rod will be coming out in the next 45 days at a lower price point than the Nano.

Thanks everyone,

Justin
Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Walter1023 has a spectacular aura aboutWalter1023 has a spectacular aura about

I may be wrong on the ti then......I thought when the initial literature came out on it it was billed as pure fast action with high modulus etc etc. So we'll have to wait and see how those who test it classify it as. It sounds like it may be one of the lightest rods on the market. looking forward to the reviews
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter1023 View Post
I may be wrong on the ti then......I thought when the initial literature came out on it it was billed as pure fast action with high modulus etc etc. So we'll have to wait and see how those who test it classify it as. It sounds like it may be one of the lightest rods on the market. looking forward to the reviews
Hello, It was designed as a med/fast action rod. We are working on a fast action aswell. We are using 65million modules carbon on the Nano and still able to get a med/fast rod.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Justin,

Thanks for the updates on the NTs, hope you keep them coming on these and your other rods.

Paul

Last edited by imxer; 02-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 PM

hookworm is on a distinguished road

Just wondering if anyone has casted this rod and if it compares to anything else out there.