The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 PM

speyrod1 is on a distinguished road
Default Loop Fly Rods

Ive gone threw alot of threads and have read many reviews so lets have some voices on Loop Traditionals and Spey Rods
Ive been playing around with the Adventure 5wt 3 piece and i have thrown alot of casts with some of the so called top fly rods and i would highly recommend trying this fly rod out if you want value and quality for your dollar
Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 AM

sanjuanloop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loop Fly Rods

Loop is all I throw.....LOVE my 2 yellow lines....very powerful & deliberate! I also have a black line, 2 blue lines & a green line....if you don't know about them you'll spend too much on something else!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:39 PM

after all of the reviews LOOP has gotten i would of thought there would of been more people try them out if you havnt tried these you are missing out on a good choice of a stick either traditional or spey or their switch

http://soonorthflyshop.shawwebspace....orth_fly_shop/
Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speyrod1 View Post
after all of the reviews LOOP has gotten i would of thought there would of been more people try them out if you havnt tried these you are missing out on a good choice of a stick either traditional or spey or their switch

http://soonorthflyshop.shawwebspace....orth_fly_shop/
I have nothing personal against Loop. I'm sure it makes a fine product. But have you seen its dealer network? In all of the United States, Loop has its products in 15 shops in 11 states. In my home state of California, only one shop carries Loop. I'm not surprised that hardly anyone is trying its products.

MP
Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 AM

I dont think you can go on what the dealership page is showing as i know for a fact its not updated to include all dealers in North America
Im suggesting trying one out if you get a chance to you may just be the proud new owner of 1

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by speyrod1 View Post
I dont think you can go on what the dealership page is showing as i know for a fact its not updated to include all dealers in North America
Im suggesting trying one out if you get a chance to you may just be the proud new owner of 1
I also forgot to add this piece from the LOOP site

"Casting guru Göran Andersson joined Loop and designed Sage’s two-handed rods and revolutionary new fly lines (Loop Custom that were cut and adjusted to preferred length and weight) that were adapted for Görans new casting-technique; the “Underhand Cast.” Not long after Kurt Danielsson contacted Loop and noted that the current reels were of poor quality and soon the new team had developed the first large arbor reel. The year was 1984.When the first Loop large arbor reel hit the market most anglers found it totally bizarre and we had little success getting the tradition-bound fly fishers of the time to buy such a weird fly reel. It took a few years for the reel to make its impression, but today over 20 years later nearly all fly reels are built according to the Loop standard.Speycasting with a DT-line and slow action rod has also evolved over the years and today most of the new casting styles are very similar to the “Underhand Cast” with new progressive rods and relatively short WF-lines. The “Underhand Cast” has indeed progressed and changed speycasting for the better and will continue to be a major influence for years to come.

Enthusiastically they started up a mail order business and small retail store. Local courses were held by them to help spread the knowledge about fly fishing. It was all very small scale and kept close to their home. A few years later they partnered with American fly rod manufacture Sage, and luckily fly fishing was starting to take hold in Sweden."
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Part of being an owner of a fly rod is having a dealer network that will handle any issues. If a person drops $700 on a fly rod, that person would want to make sure that he gets the proper customer service with that rod. I have broken a lot of rods over the years. I have been able to drop them off at the local retailer and have them shipped off. Two weeks later, the rod comes back repaired or replaced at a small handling cost. I could ship a rod myself, but I like knowing that there is a retailer willing to give me the proper customer service for my purchase.

I know what most of the specialty shops in Northern California from the Central Valley to the Oregon border has. None of them have Loop. I might consider casting one if Loop puts its inventory in a shop.

MP
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Tell you what I have never met you but i would be willing to ship you a 5wt to try if you want to split the cost of me shipping it to you send me a message with your phone number and i will call you
Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Thank you for the offer. I might go to the FFR show next fall. If I am in the mood, I may cast one.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM

Sorry i mentioned a new rod that is better then most people own seems that when someone mentions a superb product on this site someone has to pipe up and try and shoot it down before they even try it out
Rod manufactorers should stop trying to improve their products i guess
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Speyrod,

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to shoot it down. As I said in my first reply, "I have nothing personal against Loop." I am sure that Loop has a fantastic product. Your enthusiams shows that you enjoy the product quite a bit. I have been of a fan of its reels. I own a Loop Classic 811 Spey reel that I bought when the local shop was an authorized Loop dealer.

MP