The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice
Default Re: Has anyone received their Nano Ti rods yet from Allen?

situations out of Justins control created these delays.

Last edited by araitim; 03-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM

tranphu62 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
i just checked my invoice from Justin and i placed my order for a Nano 5# on Dec 17th. i was told on the 17th that it would be here the first week in Jan. iv checked in about every 2 weeks and would get a reply saying he had to fill his "pre orders" first, until reciently, now im not getting replies. How long ago were these "pre orders" placed? Im not bashing Justin or his company. i show off his lines and both reels to the local shops and people on the river. i love the Alpha reel and prototype reel i purchased at the same time(Dec 17th), id just like to know whats going on.
I'm in the same boat here.....
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Guys, The rods are being shipped in order. There were some behind the sense stuff that delaid the rod. I was pre mature on the release (rookie mistake). I will not be doing anymore pre leases on rods because of issues that might back fire and the last thing I want are upset customers.

They were all done and then the final test resulted in a bad flex in the 3rd pc of the rod. So we redid the blanks and that took some time because of the carbon that is being used is a special carbon that comes in Japan. Japan was not releasing any carbon outside the country for 2 months for me to get my rod done. I was not the only mfg that was having issues.

This rod is way ahead of its time and I was not going to cheapin it up to just get rods out the door with a less expensive carbon. My rod builder is keeping busy wrapping the guides and getting me rods to ship to everyone.

I admit its been a nightmare, but I'm trying to take care of this asap.

Thank you,

Justin

Last edited by allenflyfishing; 03-08-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM

hookworm is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update Justin. I think everyone that's had to deal with suppliers can understand.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:05 PM

tranphu62 is on a distinguished road

Great to know Justin is not cheaping out. I'm sure they will be well worth the wait!!!!! Good stuff!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 PM

gtom61 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I thought i'd try and post some pictures for those who haven't seen the rod yet. I'm hoping these come out. Enjoy.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I am really sorry, i'll try it one more time. The pictures are loaded as well in the Gallery under Fly Fishing Tackle, keyword Allen. Gerry

Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM

hookworm is on a distinguished road

THanks for posting some pics gtom.
Are the blanks green?
Man I can't wait to get my hands on this rod.
I would rather have quality over having it right now though so thank you Justin for keeping up the quality.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Another thanks for posting pics gtom. J

Justin diserves props thats for sure for not be willing to compromise on quality. I can tell you from experience that as much as he can Justin bends over backwards to take care of his customers and he humbly accepts valid constructive comments positive and negative. Also IMO the fact that he doesn't make excuses, but simply states the facts speaks of his character and desire to give the best customer service possible and then some.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
Another thanks for posting pics gtom. J

Justin diserves props thats for sure for not be willing to compromise on quality. I can tell you from experience that as much as he can Justin bends over backwards to take care of his customers and he humbly accepts valid constructive comments positive and negative. Also IMO the fact that he doesn't make excuses, but simply states the facts speaks of his character and desire to give the best customer service possible and then some.
Well said Tom. I couldnt agree more.....

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

gtom61,
Thanks for posting the pics. Is there any way you could also post a couple pics of the stripping guide and a snake guide?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."