The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 PM

hookworm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has anyone received their Nano Ti rods yet from Allen?

Flybum, you weren't the only on who said it was fast, I just wanted to get the facts out there although after playing with it in the yard a little and trying a wt heavier it seems faster. I think a line 1/2 heavier would work perfect for this rod.....but then I gotta spend $80 so I'll just stick with the recommended wt Allen line.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

I went into a fly shop today and a man I have known for years who has been fly fishing 50 years+, is the most amazing caster, and fly fisherman I know and sells and fishes some of the highest end rods in the industry cast my 6wt Nano Ti. First when he saw it his jaw dropped at how good it looks. Before casting the Nano he was casting a Sage TCX on the grass at the shop and had me try it then I told him I have a rod in my car I'd like him to try casting.

After casting my 6wt Nano Ti he said "That is the best rod I have ever cast in my life."

Then asked "what did you pay for it about $800 or more."

The only negative he found and I happen to agree is that the clear coat on the wraps is a a little heavy.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 04-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 AM

sthpaw is on a distinguished road

I cast my 4 wt Nano ti in the backyard then swapped the line to my 4 wt Echo carbon for a comparison. I can throw a little more line with the Echo and like the feel a little better, but that's just me and my casting style. Also from my previous post you can see that I'm not a shill for the company. Not knocking the rod but don't think it's a z-axis. Keep in mind when reading posts that this is the internet and people do have their agendas.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi sthpaw,

You have had adequate opportunity to voice displeasure with your transaction with Justin. Justin has admitted that he screwed up and there is no need for additional comments on this subject. Your inference that someone may be a shill is uncalled for and not true.

Since you joined NAFFF you have made eight post and all were about this transaction. Others who are long time members with opinions on the Nano rods have much more value to members than someone with an ax to grind. You have made your point and no additional comments on this transaction will be allowed.

Frank
Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 AM

hookworm is on a distinguished road
Default Lovin this rod

Allen 9' 5wt Nano
Allen Trout 5/7
Allen 5wt line

Fishing has never been more fun, especially since I still have some money left.

Click the image to open in full size.

Got this guy on my first cast.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 AM

waterbound is on a distinguished road

After some delays I finally got to try out my Nano Ti 8wt rod on an Alpha 9/10. Allen Fly Fishing took care of my problems and I can make the claim that they are a safe and trustworthy company to do business with. For the record I own a Trout 5/7, 3 Alpha 9/10s and the Nano Ti 8wt.

This rod is a CANNON!!! It really is a top quality rod. I am very impressed to say the least. I cannot imagine many rods out shooting this rod. Seriously the rod casts better than I can. It feels extremely well balanced with the Alpha 9/10. I like the larger arbor. The rod is so light I cannot even notice the extra weight of the larger class reel. It says Medium Fast, but it feels more fast than medium.

This is seriously a very nice outfit. I am very glad I took a chance on the rod and reels.