The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough
Default Finally cast a Winston B II x

While I was at the fly shop the other day I finally broke down and cast a Winston B II x and B II mx. Big mistake...now I have to have one! The BIIx felt amazing. I cast a 5wt which I do not need but something tells me that I will have a rod up for sale soon so I can go buy this rod.
Tuck
Old 12-10-2009, 04:53 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finally cast a Winston B II x

Tuck,
Im going though the same thing. Everytime im at the fly shop... which is alot, i have to pick it up. Im wanting it (B2x) bad in a 3wt. Just wished they were more easy on the warranty so i can pick it up on craigslist or ebay.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Winston has a promotion going on through the end of the year. If you buy a premium Winston rod, you can purchase any Ascent rod for $65 through Winston after you mail in the warranty card and a copy of the receipt. That is not a bad deal. Many of my customers are taking advantage of the deal, so they can have a backup or loaner rod. It also makes for a good gift.

MP
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

Mosca,
I saw that promotion and that is one heck of a deal. Would love to have that second rod to give out as a gift. Now I just have to find a way to come up with the money for them both.
Tuck
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Don't forget EBAY. Several are on auction now.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

However you decide to source a BIIx, I don't think that you'll regret the purchase. I frequently pilfer my wife's 8'6" 5 wt., while "accidently" leaving my own 9'0" Sage Z-Axis 5 wt. at home.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I sooooo relate to the shop thing. I kept going to the local fly shop, but I had in my mind, I was wanting the Sage ZXL, and funny thing, I had an opportunity to get one at a most generous discount, but I was drawn to the looks and the feel of the JWF.
Needless to say, I love "MY" Jwf, he, he, he. But I also love the BIIX's, and the LT.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM

raym is on a distinguished road

I picked up my Winston LT 7'9" 3wt from my local fly shop, Ole Florida Fly Shop, about two weeks ago. The owner told me about the Winston Ascent deal ($65) with the purchase of a premium rod. Heck yeah! I jumped right on that deal. My 9'0" 6 wt arrived last night. Very nice for that price, even for the original $235 cost. I hope to get it out on the water this weekend. Happy Holidays All!