The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Stunned

My wife doesn't fish. She thinks I spend to much time fishing...yada..yada..same story I emagine others can tell.

Today my wife handed me a St. Croix Legend Elite 8.6' 4wt for my birthday. Its going to be a good year.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stunned

Congrats----- it sounds like your wife really went out of her way to get you something you'd appreciate-- even if she personally doesn't get the whole fishing thing. Sounds like you're a lucky man--- on many levels.

Oh... and happy birthday! It will be a good year.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Happy birthday, and I agree, you sound like you got a good one. Mine is similar, does not get the fishing thing, but is ok with it cause i like it.

d
Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday. Enjoy the gift.

MP
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Congrats on the fine B-Day present, and the fine lady...

Dan
Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

Happy Birthday. That was a fine gift to get and hopefully you will get a chance to use it soon....

Regards, Boser
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi futuramille,

Maybe she really likes having you out of the house. Happy Birthday.

Frank
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

futuramille: Looks like you have a keeper, even though she isn't in to fishing! Happy birthday!

Larry
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice, better keep her.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I don't know how the wife came up with St. Croix as a brand. I've not been looking at them and didn't even mention I was in need of another rod...I'm not in "need" but I'm certainly not complaining. I've had a couple old finwicks that have kept me very happy over the years.

Does anyone have experience with a St. Croix rod, the lifetime warrenty or how well it works and lasts? All my rods are fast action and this St. Croix is as well, in fact I couldn't find where this model is even available in anything but fast action. Its kind of spooky. If I were to go to market looking for a new rod, this exact setup is what I would get...my old 4 piece 8.5' 4/5 wght is...well...really old and tired. How she picked this one simply amaises me.

thanks for the birthday wishes all, it was a good one. 45 now and my grandson was over entertaining us all. He just started walking on Monday this week.