The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM

ab fisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help selecting a rod?

you definatly need to look at the redington CT (classic trout). i have a redington CT, tfo pro, redington rs4's, ross fw, and ECHO 2 rods. The CT is the cheapest of my rods and it gets the most fishing time. I am more of tip flex kinda guy but i decided to give the CT a shot for dry flies sense it has a softer pressentation with the mid flex and it has made more outing than any other.

out of my rods i put them in this order of prefered use.

redington CT
Echo 2
redington RS4
ross fw
tfo pro

If you are liking TFO i would look over the pro and check out the finesse. it is more of a mid flex rod and is very nice to cast.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 AM

rufustf is on a distinguished road

And the winner is,..........

The TFO Lefty Kreh Pro.

And a Lamson/konic 2 reel. Tried the Reddington, Echo, Orvis, & Sage. Liked all of them, but I seemed to have better aim with the TFO pro, so I went with that one.

Thanks again for all of the input, I would have looked over a lot of stuff otherwise.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:04 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the rod. Who knows? This purchase could be the start of your fly rod quiver.

MP
Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufustf View Post
Tried the Reddington, Echo, Orvis, & Sage. Liked all of them, but I seemed to have better aim with the TFO pro, so I went with that one.
That would seem to be the best way to make a decision. Have Fun!