The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Excellent TFO Customer Service (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/138269-excellent-tfo-customer-service.html)

nerka 05-16-2011 08:52 PM

Excellent TFO Customer Service

Last Saturday 5/7 I sent in my 9' 6wt TFO TicrX rod that met my truck door. I was overly delighted to see it waiting on the porch for me when I got home from work. I sent a packaging tube with the the whole rod even though 2 of the 4 pieces were broken. Added my $25 and contact info, and they sent back a brand new rod and even a new rod sock that I didnt send down. I now have two.
I think a postal week turn around from Alaska to Dallas and back is better than I could have wished for and faster than some other companies that have only needed to go to Washington State.

Kudos TFO!

ausablebrown 05-16-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Excellent TFO Customer Service

I've never heard a TFO story that didn't end exactly like this one. They have great customer service. The "NO FAULT" part of their warranty is what makes it exceptional. Considering that no other company covers "my rod met my truck door" TFO warranty really stands above the rest. I take that back...St Croix now offers a "no fault" for a $50 fee.

pond fishin 05-30-2011 09:28 PM

With a warranty like that makes you wonder why people buy anything else. Its funny when I bought my tfo from bass pro the people at the customer service desk tried to sell me an extended 2 year warranty fore $30. I told them I didn't need it because of the warranty that came with it. I argued with them for 10 minutes that it covered more than just "manufacturer defects". I just gave up and said I'll add it later if I want it.

ausablebrown 05-31-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pond fishin (Post 263969)
With a warranty like that makes you wonder why people buy anything else. Its funny when I bought my tfo from bass pro the people at the customer service desk tried to sell me an extended 2 year warranty fore $30. I told them I didn't need it because of the warranty that came with it. I argued with them for 10 minutes that it covered more than just "manufacturer defects". I just gave up and said I'll add it later if I want it.

I fished with plenty of them, pretty much every trout model except the cheapest signature series and found them all to be fine. For my casting skills at least, I will never know the difference bewteen a TFO and anything costing 4 times as much. I have since picked up a couple of Sage txl's on super clearance. They are really sweet rods, faster action light weight. If TFO offered a 7'3wt, or 7'4 wt I would have never had to look elsewhere. The Sages are awesome, and there is a "sweetness factor" that I really cant explain about them. I seem to place alot more "perfect" casts with it, or I seem to think so in order to justify spending upwards to $300 on a rod! In any case, I really like them, but I worry about breaking it and coughing up $100-150 to get a piece replaced. People are also looking at other rods for the "American made" factor, and for the Winston, or Thomas & Thomas fit and finish that you don't get with any TFO. So there are a few reasons to look elsewhere. But IMO there isn't a better intermediate rod family out there, and the warranty really seals the deal for people looking to fish cheaply.