The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 PM

bluefeather is on a distinguished road
Default new 2 me 4wt

First I'd like to introduce myself properly.My name is Daniel and I live in SW Mo. I joined this forum a couple of months ago but have only posted a couple of times.A couple of weeks ago I bought an 8' 4wt St.Croix Avid from one of the senior members here.Took it down to Roaring River today to try it out and I've gotta tell ya,that is a great rod.I paired it up with a English made Battenkill and Cortland 444 Classic.It loads really nice with no more than 20-25 ft of line but can still shoot 40-50 ft with no problem.Caught a few fish on a Hares Ear and a foam ant.Can't wait to go again.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:17 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new 2 me 4wt

Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming that was the rod Cliff had listed a couple months ago. It looked very temtping, and it's great to see that you're enjoying it. Sounds like a perfect outfit.

Keep coming back, and tell us of your adventures.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:04 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Nope.

He got that rod from me...I hope that I don't regret selling that rod...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 PM

bluefeather is on a distinguished road

Thanks again axle27,I'm really going to enjoy this rod although I thought the Avids were green not gray.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:13 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

All of the Avid's I've ever seen were flat black in finish.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Daniel,

A belated welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here and continue to share your experience with your Avid.

Frank